three strikes:

Thursday, March 16, 2006

[[.]]

the only reason why we get disappointment is because we expect.
so if we don't expect anything, we wouldn't face disappointment.
expectations are what cause disappointment.
or rather, the failure to achieve our expectations is the cause for disappointment.

so, why expect?
thats the question that left me pondering the whole night. yes until 4.30-f-ing-a.m.

and oh yeah get this.

why expect
when you know that you're only going to face disappointment in the end?
don't know.
some questions can't be answered.
others are better left unanswered.
but this is one question
that i'm dying for an answer for.

i hate mosquito bites. especially those randomly appearing on your big toe.

calamine, calamine, calamine lotion
itchy itchy
scratchy scratchy
up and down your backy wacky

dunno...some weird thing my tour guide was telling me when i told him last time i needed calamine lotion because of an allergy. haha!
which brings me to another thinking point.
why do people lose contact? it's not that we don't have the ability and the resources to maintain contact.

want to know why?
it's not the technological aspect, but rather the social aspect. humans are lazy by nature.

we take things for granted.
how many times have you told yourself

"should i call him/her? nah, maybe tomorrow i'll call. today i want to blahblahblahblah"

and then tomorrow, you say

"hmm. should i call him/her? nah, maybe tomorrow, after all, he/she'll always be around. why worry?"

why worry? i'll tell you why.
life is fragile. any moment...any second any minute any hour any day any week any month any year...at any point in time we could get

1. knocked down by a car
2. fall down the staircase
3. slip and fall in your bathroom
4. get an electric shock
5. get run over by a lorry
6. get shot by someone with one eyeball


yeah you get the idea..
anything can happen to us at any time.
i keep saying that we should treasure the people around us.
i dare to say, i don't keep to my word all the time.
yeah i do take people for granted too.

do you take people for granted?
if you answered no, either

1. you're gay
2. you're a liar
3. you were sent from heaven

well yeah. so you take someone for granted
slowly day by day
you talk less and less
until one day
you eventually stop talking
then what?
what difference would it make to you,
since you have so many other friends?

nah, no difference at all.
until one day you flip through the newspapers
and in the headlines
is some horrific accident
you carry on reading the article because something bugs you to do so
then you realise
it's your best friend from primary school
he got knocked down/fell down/chopped up/shot by someone with one eye
now he's dead.
what's worse?
you find out
it's because of the bad company he was mixing with.

then you realise
you could've made a difference to that one life
but you didn't
because you were self-centered
not giving a damn to others.
all you think about is yourself
who cares about others? they don't affect me.

well you're wrong if you think that way
because everything around us can affect us. like it or not, it does.
so why not start
by giving a damn
about the people around you
don't always look at the f-ed up side of someone
because even in a mofo, there has got to be a weeny weeny good thing about that person. maybe he/she has nice hair, a nice handphone, is happy all the time, a talented soccer player, anything.
take notice.
then you'll appreciate people more.
but of course
not telling you to go appreciate every single person because that'll be mad.
but well
i believe in lifelong friends
so if you have a friend
try and maintain that friendship.
thats the least you could do.

a random song Johnson let me hear a while ago..somehow i like the way the lyrics and the melody flow so well. it's just..perfect. made for each other.

Get it faster - Jimmy Eat World
I don't care what you do.
I'm getting out, no nothing ever shames me.
Don't wanna thing from you
I'm going out, I don't care if you're angry.
I'm getting out, no nothing ever shames me.
I'm going out, I don't care if you're angry.
I should've thought things through.
I'm holding out, but not getting an answer.
I wanna do right by you.
I'm finding out, cheating gets it faster.

I'm holding out, not getting an answer.
I'm finding out that cheating gets it faster.
I'm holding out, but not getting an answer.
I'm finding out, cheating gets it faster.

I don't care what you do.
I'm getting out, no nothing ever shames me.
Don't wanna thing from you.
I'm going out, I don't care if you're angry.
I should've thought things through.
Yeah I'm holding out, but not getting an answer.
I wanna do right by you.
I'm finding out that cheating gets it faster.

I'm getting out, no nothing ever shames me.
I'm going out, I don't care if you're angry.
I holding out, but not getting an answer.
I'm finding out, cheating gets it faster.



nice song.

anyway
haha. went bowling today.
was quite funny
HAHA.
at least i didn't get a zero. phew.
otherwise will be super malu. PHEW.
haha. and thanks for editting my zuo wen! hahaha. i know my chinese sucks =/



can't help but feel like a loser.

words of wisdom at... |7:50 PM|

_____________